Decoding Your Invisalign Treatment
As the largest and most experienced provider of Invisalign in Hampton Roads, we have a lot of patients in aligners and frequently get questions about which aligners they should be wearing, etc. I thought it would be helpful to explain what all the numbers mean on the packages and the aligners themselves, to help everyone out there understand their treatment progression better.
Invisalign Patient ID
– This patient ID number is assigned to you by Invisalign and it can be found on both the package and the aligners highlighted below.
Type of Invisalign Case
– Invisalign Full, Invisalign Teen, Invisalign Express 10, and Invisalign Express 5 is highlighted at the top of each aligner package. This indicates the type of case that was ordered from Invisalign according to the type and number of aligners needed to move your teeth.
– Additionally, whether your set of aligners is part of a case refinement (to help make final tweaks to your teeth) may be indicated as well.
– Which numbered set of aligners out of the total provided is shown on the front of each package as well as on each individual aligner. It is good to know where this is in case you have a mix-up with your aligners and need to identify which aligner number you are wearing (or should be wearing).
Upper or Lower Aligners
– Although it should be obvious whether an aligner is meant to fit over your upper or lower teeth, this is also indicated on the individual aligners.
Additional Invisalign Aligner Information
– If there is a special type of aligner material being used, this will be indicated on the outside of the package. EX30 shows that the new SmartForce material is being used.
– Also shown is whether some minor tooth polishing is planned via the letters IPR (this helps the teeth move and fit how they should), or whether an aligner includes attachments to help the aligners grip teeth (your orthodontist determines when and if these are needed) by the word “Attachments” on the package.
Embark on your path to a radiant smile by scheduling a consultation with an Orthodontist. Experience the transformative power of Invisalign. Start your journey today!