Dr. William “Bill” Hatcher, MS, DDS
Dr. Bill Hatcher graduated from Kansas State University in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. After graduation, he taught high school biology and chemistry for four years. He also coached football, basketball and tennis. During this time, he also served in the United States Army Reserves.
Deciding that a career change was in order, he graduated in 1994 from the Medical College of Virginia, Magna Cum Laude, with his dental degree. Dr. Bill Hatcher then completed two additional years of specialty training in orthodontics at the University of Detroit Mercy where he earned a Certificate in Orthodontics and a Master of Science degree.
Dr. Hatcher is Board Certified and Top 1% Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen provider who has practiced orthodontics in Chesapeake since 1996. He is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Virginia Association of Orthodontists, the Tidewater Association of Orthodontics and the Seaboard and Portsmouth – Suffolk Dental Study Clubs.
Dr. Hatcher and his wife, Lisa, reside in Suffolk with their three children. He enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, golfing, coaching soccer and watching the Miami Dolphins.
Fast Facts about Dr. Hatcher
- Coached football, basketball and tennis
- Served in the United States Army Reserves
- Taught at Great Bridge High School
- Kansas State University
- Medical College of Virginia
- University of Detroit Mercy, Certification in Orthodontics and Master of Science degree
- Certifications And Honors
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- President, Seaboard and Portsmouth–Suffolk Dental Study Clubs
- Magna Cum Laude, Medical College of Virginia
- Top 1% Provider, Invisalign and Invisalign Teen
- Professional Associations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Virginia Association of Orthodontists
- Tidewater Association of Orthodontists